Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: News Administrator <news@helios.physics.utoronto.ca>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1992 11:24:04 -0700
To: gaffa-post@eddie.mit.edu

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: ostapiak@helios.physics.utoronto.ca (Orest Ostapiak)
Subject: Re: Rocket's Tail
Sender: news@helios.physics.utoronto.ca (News Administrator)
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1992 18:24:00 GMT

>  The singer is at first too rational in her analysis of
>the rocket, until she tries it.  While I believe that she is
>having a great time, I'm not sure she's particularly enjoying
>the fact that her tail's on fire.  But it is safe to say that
>in order to engage life -- to jump with both feet into the
>sensual world -- you have to be willing to get your tail burned
>a little bit.  Thanks.
>
>Tom Neely

 While the subject is up, is there any consensus as to how Kate Bush
views Science and Technology in general?  I remeber seeing an interview
of her some years back on an mtv type program and seem to recall her
dwelling on the way she percieves scientists and the way science is
sometimes maipulated: remeber Donald Sutherland as her father in
the Cloudbusting video ? I get the impression that she is quite fond
of science yet is suspicious of how it is applied sometimes for the wrong
purposes.
                     Orest Ostapiak

Ps, I too am new to the newsgroup and to the net in general. I have not
    been able to locate an FAQ, or  a description of the scope of this
    group's subject. Would someone be kind enough to fill me in ?
--
Orest Ostapiak    graduate student
ostapiak@helios.physics.utoronto.ca