Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: FTP sites

From: c164-ks@bootes.berkeley.edu (Boris Chen)
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1992 21:24:35 -0700
Subject: Re: FTP sites
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: nntp@pasteur.berkeley.edu (NNTP Poster)

In article <65980@apple.Apple.COM> wisner@ims.alaska.edu (Bill Wisner) writes:

>>        eddie.mit.edu
>>        gaffa.mit.edu
>

>That must be one OLD list.

>The official Love-Hounds FTP site right now is wiretap.Spies.COM
>[130.43.3.3].

I've tried that place, and it does not have bitmaps in the format
x-windows accepts, they are in .gif. If someone can tell me how
to convert them, I'd appreciate it.

In wiretap, there is a file telling of where bitmaps for x-windows can
be found, but unfortunately the file is very old, and the place
doesn't have any as far as I can tell. So, I'm back where I started
from.

--boris
Boris Chen  | c164-ks@ara.berkeley.edu   |     --Kate Bush
"I turn to my computer, And spend evenings with it, Like a friend."