Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Tori Amos on Letterman, 4/23

From: jeffy@syrinx.umd.edu
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1992 11:30:21 -0700
Subject: Tori Amos on Letterman, 4/23
To: ecto@ns1.rutgers.edu, love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

Yup, Tori was on Letterman last night, right at the end of the show.

Throughout the whole show, Letterman was hyping on the "Her first time on
network television" business.  Oh, joy.  Of course, like most musical
guests, he virtually ignored her.

She came on at the very end of the show and played "Crucify."  Brilliantly,
I might add.  I'll have to hear the MTV live version again, but I think the
Letterman version might be my favorite of the 3 I have.  She started up
solo-piano, but the rest of the Letterman band joined in at the first chorus.
They did reasonably well, and I think that song works well with the filled
out arrangement.

After the performance, they cut to commercial, and when the show reappeared,
Tori was sitting next to Letterman, who said roughly one sentence to her
before announcing that they were out of time.

I might have liked a little more, but it was a great performance, so I've no
real complaints.  I'm just mad that I missed her performance at the Birchemere
last night <sigh>  (I thought my visiting-grandmother-from-out-of-town was
going to be at our house that night, so I didn't buy tickets while they were
still available.  By the time I found out my grandmother would already be back
in Florida before the concert, it was too late--sold out).

Yes, Woj, I did get it on tape--the same tape as the MTV stuff.

Sorry, but right now I have no way of copying videotapes, so I'd appreciate
not getting requests for copies...;-)

Jeff

|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "Show what you are / Be strong, be true  |
|                                |  Time for you to / Be who you are."      |
|jeffy@syrinx.umd.edu            |                         --Happy Rhodes |