Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: What is queer positive?

From: brownfld@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu (Kenneth R Brownfield)
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1992 11:37:14 -0700
Subject: Re: What is queer positive?
To: saurav@tgevax.life.uiuc.edu (Saurav Misra)
Sender: brownfld@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu

The following was created and performed by Saurav Misra:
[...]
|Ron Buckmire (buckmr@rpi.edu) asks: "Also, do you know if she's queer
|positive?" about Sarah Mclachlan. Don't wish to appear rude or uninformed,
|but what does 'queer positive' mean?

     Gads, another set of nicknames.  Somewhere in the general vicinity of
homosexual or bisexual, wholly dependent on the author's intention and/or
sanity.  Sort of.  :)

[...]
|	Lastly, someone recently asked about what had happened to Champain,

     Ok, it is kinda painful, but it's Champaign.  ;-)

|Illinois' own Area. From what I understand, they have mutated into The Moon
|Seven Times, and actually have a deal (unfortunately tied up,somewhat,in legal
|machinations)

     M7x's lawyer found a few things to change in the contract, and they've
sent the changed version back to Third Mind.  So, they wait for Third Mind to
approve it.  It should be over with before the 'intended' release date. *hope*
     Have you gone to any of the gigs, Saurav?

|with Third Mind Records. Since Third Mind is managed domestically
|by Roadracer (I think?) once this deal goes through, you should be able to

     It is confusing!  I think it's Roadracer in Europe, and Roadrunner in the
US.  That's an echo of a memory, void where prohibited.

|catch their new release in most of your favorite music-selling-establishments.

     ...in late Summer or early Fall.  Anyone know much about Roadrunner?  I
think it leans towards hard rock, actually, and thus I don't know whether I
haven't seen the label in local stores, or my musical taste has kept me away
from stuff on the label.

|    OK, very lastly, Vickie, is Happy Rhodes recording anything new lately?

     I don't know if she still reads gaffa, you may need to mail her directly.

|(saurav@tgevax.life.uiuc.edu)
|Saurav "Down in front!" Misra

|"I was lined up for glory...but the tickets sold out in advance"
--
							Ken.
[Mail&info via finger:  brownfld@uiuc.edu]  brownfld@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu