Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

What is queer positive?

From: saurav@tgevax.life.uiuc.edu (Saurav Misra)
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1992 10:26:44 -0700
Subject: What is queer positive?
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu
Cc: saurav@tgevax.life.uiuc.edu

Ron Buckmire (buckmr@rpi.edu) asks: "Also, do you know if she's queer
positive?" about Sarah Mclachlan. Don't wish to appear rude or uninformed,
but what does 'queer positive' mean?
   I also noticed a couple of comments about the Freddie Mercury tribute/
Aids awareness concert (It's about time, IMHO, although hearing these geek
rock stars pontificating about people "needing to get information" and
"starting a grassroots movement for awareness" is rather disgusting; both
Madonna and Rush donated substantial amounts to Aids Research before this
concert) ; did anyone catch Liza Minelli singing "We are the Champions"?
Wonder of Wonders! Did the moneys generated go, in any way, to Kate's favourite
charity, the Terrence Higgins trust?
	Lastly, someone recently asked about what had happened to Champain,
Illinois' own Area. From what I understand, they have mutated into The Moon
Seven Times, and actually have a deal (unfortunately tied up,somewhat, in legal
machinations) with Third Mind Records. Since Third Mind is managed domestically
by Roadracer (I think?) once this deal goes through, you should be able to
catch their new release in most of your favorite music-selling-establishments.
    OK, very lastly, Vickie, is Happy Rhodes recording anything new lately?

(saurav@tgevax.life.uiuc.edu)
Saurav "Down in front!" Misra

"I was lined up for glory...but the tickets sold out in advance"
                                                                 - Narpet