Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: rhill@netlink.cts.com (Ron Hill)
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1992 18:55:00 -0700
To: Love-Hounds@wiretap.Spies.COM

        Thanks to Tracy for the kind words about Cloudbusting Edition 2.
With any luck, I should be getting gobs of "new" interviews in the next week
or two so will be starting "Edition 3" - projected release date, as Kate
might say, "September-ish".  :-)  Thanks also to everybody for the Babooshka
info.

        Ray Peck says he thinks the "it" in _Be_Kind_To_My_Mistakes_ is
sexual attraction.  Sounds like as good of explaination as any!  I don't see
the whole movie so I don't know if that jives with what was in the movie.
It's amazing to me that Kate could make a great song from a lame movie!
        It's interesting that, aside from the first time, the "it is..."
line comes right after or at the same time as the words "i don't know" which
would seem to indicate that maybe that fact that they both are confused
about so much is the "it".

        Here are IED's lyrics, which differ somewhat from yours:

Be Kind to My Mistakes
      It is this that brings us together.
      It is this that brings us together.

 It's all right, darling,
 We can do this together.
 It's all right, darling,
 I can think of nothing better.

 I don't know you,
 And you don't know me:
 It is this that brings us together.

      It is this that brings us together.
      It is this that brings us together.

 I don't know what you are
      (It is this that brings us together.)
 Looking for in me.
 I don't know what I want,
      (It is this that brings us together.)
 But my heart is needing.

           Am I yours? Are you mine?
           We'll find all we're meant to find.
           In your life, in my life,
           There are secrets too dark
           To let out, to let go of,
           To get over.

 But that's all right, baby.
 That's all right by me.
 It's all right now.

      (Just let me say)
      Please,             ("Yea, yo, yea, yo!")
      Please,             ("Yea, yo, yea, yo!")
      Please,             ("Yea, yo, yea, yo!")
      Please be kind
      To my mistakes.
      Be kind,
      Be kind