Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Backmasking in Leave it Open

From: rjc@cstr.edinburgh.ac.uk
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1992 00:30:11 -0700
Subject: Re: Backmasking in Leave it Open
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

In article , Faux Joe (fj) writes:

fj> Keep in mind that Europe is tiny;

9.7 million square killometers, it says here. Now, astronomically
speaking that's fairly tiny, but you wouldn't want to have to paint
it...

There are more people in the EC alone than in the USA, s statistic
which gets thrown around alot with the single market coming up. That's
only the bit that sticks out at the end.

fj> However, there are many MANY artists who chart more consistently
fj> and more frequently that Kate.

Well, I can only speak for the UK here. More consistantly would be
hard, even strange things like The Sensual World chart well. More
frequently is, of course, moot -- she doesn't put out enough stuff to
compete with the hit factories.

fj> I get the feeling that she's viewed there somewhat like, say, Devo is
fj> here

No, more like Phil Collins. While we fanatics might think of here more
like Peter Gabriel, to the population at large she is still
just another pop singer.

--
rjc@cogsci.ed.ac.uk		Goddbye Lurkio :-(