Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

carnivals, fanzines, etc

From: rhill@netlink.cts.com (Ron Hill)
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1992 23:47:10 -0700
Subject: carnivals, fanzines, etc
To: Love-Hounds@wiretap.Spies.COM

        Andy asked about "Carnival songs".  To me the early demo song
_Nevertheless,_You'll_Do_ always sounded carnival-like.  I think the
carnival influence is most important when it comes to the _tour_, especially
on songs like _Strange_Phenomena_ and the German documentary
_Room_For_The_Life_.   The thing about _Coffee_Homeground_ is that it's one
of only three songs that were written between the first album and the
second, so maybe the "carnival" atmosphere of it was partially inspired by
the carnival like existance that Kate was living at the time.

        Phred asked about the secret message in _Leave_It_Open_.  The funny
thing about it is that from the very first time I heard the song, it always
was very clear to me that she said "We let the weirdness in."  As a matter
of fact, that was my favorite line from the whole album for years, kinda
jumps out at you.  It wasn't until years later that I realized that it was
supposed to be "secret".

        Can someone with the latest Never Forever tell me what the current
address and subscription price (USA 1 and 2 years is), and, most
importantly, if they mention the interview book and if so how much (USA).
THanks.

        Ken - I got my Homeground on Friday or was it Thursday.  Did you
something bad to them?

        Thanks to Elana for the funny (if questionable :-) bad pun joke.

--
INTERNET:  rhill@netlink.cts.com (Ron Hill)
UUCP:   ...!nosc!ryptyde!netlink!rhill