Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Amos and Andy

From: greg <greg@cmatter.physics.indiana.edu>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1992 10:50:35 -0700
Subject: Amos and Andy
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

I'm totally bummed - a local store, Tracks, had the new XTC release
date as today, but it isn't there!  Does anyone know the release date
(Drukman? - aren't you the local Andy-fan?)?

But I did pick up the Tori Amos, since she's all the rage here on
Gaffa.  I'm not sure what to make of it.  There are tunes on it where
she seems to be blatantly imitating KaTe or Siberry.  Sometimes she
sounds like Carly Simon or Tracey Chapman.  Fortunately, it's not all
emulation - and it is catchy stuff.  I guess I like it, but it seems to
be a bit too obvious what her influences are for my tastes.

Yes.  She sure beats Def Lepper.  This much is certain.

                                                           "Every now
                                                            and then
Greg Clark :: greg@cmatter.physics.indiana.edu              things
                                                            become clear."