Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: Account for Usenet System <news@sco.COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1992 11:12:07 -0700
To: uunet.uu.net!rec-music-gaffa@sco.COM

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: jondr@sco.COM (Karen Silkwood's car)
Subject: Re: Brazil x3 x4
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 1992 18:11:47 GMT
Sender: news@sco.COM (Account for Usenet System)

@hermes.intel.com:AGOUGH@AZ.intel.com (Andy Gough, x4-2906, pager 420-2284, CH2-59) writes:
>Well, doesn't that mean there are actually ** 4 ** versions of Brazil:
> 1. European theatrical cut
> 2. American theatrical cut
> 3. American butchered TV cut
> 4. Director's cut

I've never seen #4, I've never heard of anybody seeing #4 - at least, nobody
has ever described it in a way that distinguishes it from #1.  In fact, I'm
reasonably certain that all instances of #4 being shown are actually #1s.

>Also, in the list you give, you mention for each one "Starts & ends with
>clouds".  What is the significance of this?

Nothing, but it's an easy way to identify the Euro version without having to
watch it carefully.

Another difference off the top of my head - #2 is the only cut that has Sam
saying "my god, it works!" after being shown his mother with her head saran
wrapped (first scene at the plastic surgeon).

--
Jon Drukman (finely honed machine)              uunet!sco!jondr   jondr@sco.com
Always note the sequencer - this will never let us down.