Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Fawlty Towers

From: lester@gandalf.etdesg.TRW.COM (Jeff Lester)
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1992 10:01:28 -0700
Subject: Fawlty Towers
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

Ron Hill writes:

>A friend of mine just brought over six episodes of one of Kate's
>favorite shows, _Faulty_Towers_.  Does anyone know anything about this, when
>was it on, how many shows were there, why were there so few, etc, etc.

I have more complete data at home (in a book on Monty Python), but I do know
the show was only 12 episodes total. I think the first 6 ran in 1970 or so
and then 6 more ran in 1974. I think it was fantastic show and I just wish
there had been more of them made. They usually get shown on late-night PBS.
They are also avaible one video now. There are three tapes that I've seen in
the store, but I'm not sure if they cover all of the episodes.

-Jeff Lester