Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kitsches & Bitches

From: cynthia@bsbbs.oh.us
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1992 19:37:30 -0800
Subject: Kitsches & Bitches
To: att!wiretap.spies.com!love-hounds

>From cynthia  Tue, 31 Mar 92 22:07:08 EST
To: att!wiretap.spies.com!love-hounds
Subject: Kitschs & Bitches
From: cynthia@bsbbs.columbus.oh.us (Cynthia Rosas)
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 92 22:07:07 EST

Hi, I haven't been around much lately, though I've gotten to read gaffa now and again.  I now am the proud and slghtly confused owner of a PC at home, and this electronic world is very confusing.  Someone said it's like virtual reality here, and it sorta is.  So, bear with me, this may be a little choppy.

Saw Tori Amos on tv last Thursday.  I was impressed.  I haven;t bought her CD yet, but based on what I heard and saw, I soon will.  Also, caught Sarah McLachlan on Letterman.  She sang Into The Fire ?  Pretty, I'd like to hear more.

Saw Lawnmower Man: Neat special effects, lotsa fun, but totally implausible plot.  I understand Stephen King had nothing to do with the screenplay, I think I read where his short story was about a guy who ate grass to manicure a lawn?  Did anyone ever read the original short story?
At any rate, Pierce Brosnan is a severly good looking man, I think.

Lessee, in the last month, Werner and I finally bought a car, think I'd mentioned that before my hiatus.  We got a 1992 Mazda Protege LX.  Nice, 4 door sedan , 5-speed.  This one has a sunroof, though that wasn't a prerequisite.

How come you go into K-Mart or Sears and prices are set.  There's no haggling no hassle, no head games, but to buy a car, you have to arm yourself with consumer guides, multitudes of books giving dealer costs for everything, in order to protect yourself from being ripped off?  I mean, it's such a headache.  I'm just glad it's over, and we're happy grinning with the car.

Well, looks like everything is proceeding along smoothly here.  I'll put a stop to that... :-)

Oh, by the way I have a confession to make, and some of you may have suspected as much,  well, here goes.....

Vickie Mapes and I are indeed, the SAME PERSON.  Yes, it's true, we are alter
(altered) egos of the same person.  After all, we do have some of the same tastes. (Figure skating, k.d.lang, some films and music, etc). The split was necessary so that Vickie could express the warm, kitschy, sweet side, and I, being an honorary Satanette, can express the cold, bitchy, mean and hard hearted side of things.  But some of you have caught on, so I've decided to admit it.
It's so obvious too that both of us are reappearing on gaffa again after a little bit of absence.  So, there you have it.
ALso, I'd like to announce that in the iinterim, I finally acquiesced to Ken Brownfield's incessant pleadings... and .... married him.  We are making arrangements even now to meet at an undisclosed location for a honeymoon.

Talk at ya'll again soon, Happy APRIL FOOL's Day!!!

Thanks to Ken B. and Ben H.  I just got your mail, yes you have the right addredd, I will reply so I can learn to do it right, but if I screw up, yes I'm alive and well, learning to use my PC at home!

Later.......

----
Cynthia Rosas <cynthia@bsbbs.UUCP> <{n8emr|nstar}!bluemoon!bsbbs!cynthia>
The Big Sky BBS (+1 614 864 1198)

"I can bitch, I can bitch, cause I'm better than you!"