Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Happy / Internet

From: jessica@dartagnan.rutgers.edu (jessica)
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1992 18:36:58 -0800
Subject: Re: Happy / Internet
To: rec-music-gaffa@rutgers.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

AGOUGH@AZ.intel.COM ("Andy Gough, x4-2906, pager 420-2284, CH2-59") writes:

[much deleted]

> I just don't want someone reading "she sings like KaTe" and running
> out to buy Happy's albums and be expecting them to be like
> "The Kick Inside."

[more deleted]

>Regards,
>Andy

I agree that it'd be wrong to say that happy sings like kate, but
then, that's not what meredith said, she said: (i quote)

> The only female singer I've heard recently who can even come close is
> Happy Rhodes, and she sounds so much like Kate sometimes it gives me
> the chills...".

And i beleive what she meant by that is simply that at times, it
really sounds like kate singing. Has nothing to do with the style of
the music, the style of the lyrics, the overal sound of a voice, but
simply that Happy's high voice sounds a *lot* like kate's voice.  It
really is a bit eerie. And I too, have not heard any other singer who
sounds like that.

		  	jessica
--
|| jessica  || It is this that || Don't try to tell me there's no reason for ||
|| lawrence ||    brings us    || any moment in time, every memory of mine.  ||