Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: NIRVANAMOS? TORIVANA?

From: Scott Telford <s.telford@ed.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1992 06:40:37 -0800
Subject: Re: NIRVANAMOS? TORIVANA?
To: w@dcs.ed.ac.uk
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: nnews@dcs.ed.ac.uk

In article <9203260006.AA25915@syrinx.umd.edu> jeffy@syrinx.umd.EDU writes:

>WOW WOW WOW I WANT IT!!!!!

>What a shock.  Things you simply never expect to hear.  Tori Amos covering
>Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit," solo-piano.

>She doesn't quite make the song pretty, but she's certainly done _something_
>to it...;-)

>According to the DJ, it's on a British import; dunno which one.

It's on the Limited Edition of the Winter CD-single (identifiable by
being in a digipak, rather than the jewel box of the regular edition).

There are two other tracks, the Stone's "Angie" and another cover I can't
remember.

According to Evan Welsh (he's now a *big* Tori fan 8^), Tori's Teen
Spirit is so slow, it sounds about right played on a tape deck in
high-speed dubbing mode  8^)

--
Scott Telford, Dept of Computer Science, / "What the world doesn't need is
University of Edinburgh, Mayfield Rd,    / more 'casual Kate Bush fans'. What

--
Scott Telford, Dept of Computer Science,      electric mail: s.telford@ed.ac.uk
University of Edinburgh, Mayfield Rd, Edinburgh, EH9 3JZ, UK.