Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

different stuff

From: wiltel!dlocke@uunet.UU.NET
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1992 06:12:43 -0800
Subject: different stuff
To: uunet!eddie.mit.edu!love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Illegal-Object: Syntax error in Message-Id: value found on wiretap.Spies.COM:Message-Id: <9203271412.AA04804@wtg58> ^-missing newline (LF)

I caught the tail end of Tori on MTV last night.  It was the first I'd
seen or heard and I was impressed.  There was a lot of high frequency
distortion in the sound, was that MTV (did anyone else have the problem?)
or my cable company?

Interesting how many KaTe fans have good taste in movies, too!  Brazil
is one of my faves; seen it 3 or 4 times.  Wouldn't watch it on TV.
Thanks for the great stories about the film.  Great observation about
it being a bit slower than typical stuff.  My brother fell asleep
during it.  Great art demands some effort from the observer, sometimes.

OB KaTe content:  I'm getting tired of KaTe talking about touring
and never doing it.  I would personally love to see her tour by
herself with a nice piano (or pianist), stand on the stage like a
post, and sing!  No elaborate dance stuff required.  She'll never
do it, but I wish she would.  I'll bet that Kate never tours again.
Any takers?

(Almost) Finally, and this is way off the topic, I know some of you have
laser disc players out there.  I'm planning to get one myself one
of these days, and any input on the topic would be appreciated.
Please mail directly to me & not the list ;-) (the address
uunet.uu.net!wiltel!dlocke should work for a lot of people)

Lastly, and back to KaTe:  Several people from my company are
going to Japan soon, and I would appreciate it if anyone could tell me
what the real deal with the KaTe Hammersmith Japanese laser disk is.
I recall Tom at C-Side had it on his want list.  Is it that rare?
Can I buy it in Japan?  Much thanks in advance!

-Dick