Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: netnews@id.dth.dk (NetNews user)
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1992 09:23:49 -0800
To: rec-music-gaffa@dkuug.dk

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: jpb@id.dth.dk (Jens P. Brage)
Subject: Re: Female Artists [Was: Tori's background]
Sender: netnews@id.dth.dk (NetNews user)
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1992 17:10:58 GMT

In article <9203251412.AA03679@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU>, news@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU writes:

> Wow!  March is turning out to be a great month for fans of progressive and
> alternative female artists--I've listened to Tori's, Sarah's, and Tanita's
> new stuff and think it is all fantastic.

Another female vocalist you might want to check out is Eddi Reader (formerly
of Fairground Attraction). Along with a group called "The Patron Saints of
Imperfection" she has just released a CD, "Mirmama". She has quite a
remarkable voice...

--
Jens P. Brage    (jpb@id.dth.dk)| Between those in constant power and those in
    Design Automation Group     |constant pain. Between those who run to glory