Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Akiko Yano "Collection II" [followup]

From: gtaylor@vme.heurikon.com (Gregory Taylor)
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1992 09:25:56 -0800
Subject: Akiko Yano "Collection II" [followup]
To: rec-music-gaffa@rutgers.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.misc, rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@heurikon.heurikon.com

A couple of weeks ago, I posted a brief note that a boxed set
containing the 1980s recordings of Akiko Yano's work was finally
more or less in a place where we could get to it. Somewhat to my
surprise, the post brought a number of Email thangs to my door,
which were promptly blown away in a terrible tragedy. I did mention
that I'd be more specific about what's in the boxes anyway, so this
note should do it:

Akiko Yano's "Collection II (1980-89)" is an 8-CD set in an understated
little white box [her white box to husband Sakamoto's black-boxed
collection?] containing the following albums:

(1980) Gohan ga dekitayo
(1981) Tadaima
(1982) Ai ga nakucha ne
(1984) Ooesu ooesu
(1986) Touge no wagaya
(1986) Brooch
(1987) Granola
(1989) Welcome Back

There are four cuts on the Gohan ga dekitayo disc that didn't show up
on my dub copy or on my friend's copies. Since "Ggd" was originally
a double LP, I'm assuming that this copy has restored the original
material to the CD. The cuts are:

Coloured Water
High Time
^[both cuts appeared on the LP "From Japan to Japan" that I've got]
Dogs Awaiting
Aoi Sanmyaku

Everthing else is the same. So, as I surmised, the live "Good Evening,
Tokyo" disc *was* omitted in favor of Yano's disc of eccentrically done
western art songs. Nice collection, and a great chance to me to plug
my AY collection pretty well in one fell swoop.

So hey. I hope this answers your questions. I picked up my copy through
AB-CD in Port Chester NY. (914) 939-2223. Your mileage may vary.

With every good wish [sayonara],
Gregory
--
loerend door het oog/daar is de werkelijkheid/van links naar rechts/dat is
de werkelijkheid/hoor proef en ruik/voel de verkelijkheid/ik sta er bij en