Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: news@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1992 06:12:15 -0800
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: dlk5n@sonja.math.Virginia.EDU (Dan King)
Subject: Tori's background
Sender: usenet@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1992 14:12:08 GMT

Wow!  March is turning out to be a great month for fans of progressive and
alternative female artists--I've listened to Tori's, Sarah's, and Tanita's
new stuff and think it is all fantastic.  And there is more to come:  my
local record store says the Indigo Girls are releasing a new album on
March 31st.  Can anybody verify this?  The same record store gave that
date as the release date for Tanita Tikarum's new disc.  Evidently, it has
already been released in Canada since I picked up a copy last weekend
during a visit up there.  Has it been released in the US yet?   I haven't
seen any discussion of the disc here on love-hounds/r.m.g.  If anybody is
interested I would be glad to provide any info about the album or even a
review.

About Tori Amos:  Could somebody provide a brief biography on this artist.
I've heard she is American but went to England to get musical recognition.
Is this true?  When I asked a record store employee about any other music
she has released he said that she did some heavy metal stuff with a band a
long time ago.  I find this really hard to believe.  Any info about her
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Dan King