Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Contributions in Hannah's name...

From: gatech!chinet.chi.il.us!katefans@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago)
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1992 03:39:49 -0800
Subject: Re: Contributions in Hannah's name...
To: rec-music-gaffa@chinet.chi.il.us
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <63207@apple.Apple.COM> daemon@Apple.COM (Wizard's Assistant) writes:

>I also would be willing to contribute, Vickie...I can't find an e-mail address
>in your message, though (daemon@apple.com can't be one person's address, I
>assume!)...

How silly of me, I urge people to sign their posts, then forget about
including my own e-mail address...

I'm beginning to think about backing off though. wish that IED were
spearheading this, he's done this sort of thing and I never have. I
asked him what he thought about the idea and he thought that individual
donations/condolences were probably preferable to a group donation. I
don't really know what his reasons were.

So far I've only gotten 3 responses. That could be because I forgot to
include my e-mail address, but maybe not. If, in the end, there were
less than 10 people involved, it would seem silly to call it a "Love-Hounds"
project. On the other hand, if *tons* of people wanted to be involved,
it would be weeks before I received everything and got something sent off
to the Farm. And I wouldn't want to send it until I'd received donations
from everyone who wanted to be involved. (I have a bit of experience at
*this* sort of thing, a group/Ectophile Christmas present to Happy Rhodes
didn't make it there until the second week of January because of mail
snafus, even though we started coordinating it in October).

Within the space of a paragraph, I've just decided to back out. Unless
someone else wants to take over, I'd suggest people just send an
individual donation/card/whatever. Sorry, I just don't see a way it will
work. Condolences should be sent right away, and I think that can be
better done individually.

Peter was right, that is Hannah in the Big Sky video. Center stage.
<sniff> Poor, poor Kate...and Paddy and Jay and Robert. <sniff>

Vickie
katefans@chinet.chi.il.us