Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: news@yuma.ACNS.ColoState.EDU (News account)
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1992 09:17:19 -0800
To: rec-music-gaffa@ncar.ucar.edu

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: alberty@euclid.math.colostate.edu (Jochen Alberty)
Subject: Re: Live at Hammersmith Odeon video
Sender: news@yuma.acns.colostate.edu (News account)
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1992 17:17:14 GMT

In article <63098@apple.Apple.COM> daemon@Apple.COM (Wizard's Assistant) writes:

>It's a bit overdone at parts, having far too many costume
>changes...

How about not saying it's overdone, but seeing it not as a simple concert but
rather as a almost perfect performance. I don't think there are a lot ( at
least I can't think of any!!) artists who perform their work live on stage
instead of just singing it, if you have luck a bit different from the original
version, maybe some extralong solo-parts, or so. But if I get to see such a
great piece like this live-performance (unfortunately, I only know it from
the video) I don't ask for big special-versions. Anyway, JatCG has some great
special ending, which you call

>... a kinda silly "Bush becomes a mad killer" segment ...

Maybe you didn't get the song but to me it's rather "James, as he became a
mad killer" !!
Anyway, if you don't like the video so much, don't watch it or what ever. To
me it is the best live video I've ever seen! (The second best 'til now is
Peter Gabriel's PoV)

Jochen   (alberty@euclid.math.colostate.edu)