Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Bitchiness

From: brownfld@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu (Kenneth R Brownfield)
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1992 00:20:20 -0800
Subject: Re: Bitchiness
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

Cynthia writes:
>brownfld@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.EDU (Kenneth R Brownfield) writes:
>>      Actually, I haven't said anything about you personally.  I'm not
>> annoyed that you have no credence in my opinions, that's what opinions are,
>> after all.
>Hmmm, I think your first statement is not true.  What annoys
>you besides that your opinions don't bother me, seems to be
>the _way_ I and others say'em.

     Be completely and entirely sure that when I say you're being childish,
or something you say is stupid, it's not something I'm saying to your flesh
and blood...body, I guess.  I'm commenting on your prose, and the personality
you express, not who you are.
     In other words, if I saw you in the street, I'd smile and say Hi, I
wouldn't find a golf club or anything remotely of the sort.
     I don't want to bother you.  I don't get annoyed at pre-pubescent school
kids, I try to understand them.  This situation is very similar.

>Look, this is much too tedious .  Suffice it to say, you seem
>to be prolonging this non-Kate thing, which is exactly what yo
>attempt to criticize me for, so why don't _you_ get over it?

     I figure if I make you sick and tired of getting responses from some twit
that thinks you're being childish and expressing yourself in a way that same
twit wouldn't inflict on his enemies, then you'll curb that urge to be what
I opine as childish, etc..  If you don't like it, go to WarmRoom.
     Swords have two edges.

>I am fully aware of the word _malignant_ being an adjective,
>dear, try to explain that to Vishal.

     I was being sarcastic; you let me invent a noun in a flame!  Naughty,
naughty!  (Better when you read it and got it, lame otherwise. :)

>You had previosly implied that i'd somehow refused to answer
>your email to me.  Well, I answer _all_ my email, and I have
>never received any from you, to this moment.  If you wish to
>email me, feel free.  I have nothing really to say to yo about
>this, as you seem obsessed with me ANd being Gaffa's unsecret
>police force.

     UUCP can kiss my pet toad Stimpy.  I've sent you mail about eight times
in the last two months, the latest being earlier this week.  I get through
to Richard using an identical UUCP bang path, I have _no_ idea why it's not
getting to you specifically.  I'll tack the letter I sent on the end of this.
Better in public than unread, I guess.
     My intention was to take this to email, unfortunately UUCP gets in the
way.

> Consequently, I hope this is the last I'll have
>to address you regarding this, in this forum.
>Remember, I didn't start SHIT with you or anyone, I supported
>Stev0's right to make his joke about Katefans, and that it
>wasn't so terribly darned rude as some folks were making it
>out to be.

     Huh?  The only issue I'm concerned with is your use of childish flames.
I've constantly tried to take this to email (invited you to do so, _and_
sent numerous letters to you) and only until now do I know that you weren't
ignoring the letters.
     If you want to take this to email, please email me so I can start
working on a path to you.  If you don't want to take this to email, fine.
If I find parts of what you say to comment on, I will.  Period.  If you do
not want the flame portions of my posts, tough.  Again, WarmRoom is for
girlyboys who can't take it.  Sound familiar?

>Also, I never "proclaimed" myslef to be a bitch, shrew, cunt,
>wench or any other delightful term used on women.  It was
>bestowed on me by, uh, "your kind" (thanks for the idea
>Vickie) and I simply played along with it as a joke.  Get a
>grip on reality, please.

     Look.  I'm not sexist in any stretch of your imagination.  "My kind" is
as sexist as anything you listed.  I don't care if you're a neutered elephant,
it doesn't change my opinion.
     When you parade youself as a bitch (regardless of who brought up the
term first,) my reality is very clear.  I don't hold up a sign saying "fool"
because 1) I don't want to be known as a fool and 2) I don't see myself as
a fool.  Your mileage may vary, but this is kinda standard, IMO.
     Now, obviously saying "I'm a bitch," etc. is playing on the people
who called you that, fine.  If you can tell me with a straight face that
you have taken into consideration the _reason_ you were called a bitch, I
will be satisfied.  I don't need to be satisfied, but it would make me
feel a lot better.
     Why advertise false labels and sexism?  It flatters you not.

>You seem to be terribly disturbed by what I say, and how I say
>it.  All I can tell you is I'm sorry, but I doubt I'll change
>cause of you.  You really do need to get a new hobby, besides
>hanging on my every word.

     Hehehehehe.  "You really do need to get a new hobby."  Please.  I
spent two minutes writing this drivel.  It doesn't take long to respond
to something that was thought out in less time.  Don't overestimate my
interest (or the power of the Force, for that matter.)
     All I want to know is whether you have taken into account why you were
called a bitch.  I'd say childish, but if you've taken that into account, I
know who I'm dealing with.  Right now, I'd just like to know what exactly
Cynthia Rosas is all about.
     And besides, telling me I'm extending the discussion and being a
hypocrit is far from accurate.  You aren't exactly hushed, and you haven't
exactly put any feet forward in the email avenue.

[...]