Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Enya's new video

From: awalsh@mta.ca
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1992 14:45:15 -0800
Subject: Enya's new video
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@jupiter.Sun.CSD.unb.ca

Just saw "How Can I Keep From Singing" on Muchmusic during "Hostess
Sneak Previews". Very, um... inexpensive!

Starts out with some BEAUTIFUL shots of the Irish countryside.
Absolutely gorgeous. Then shows a BEAUTIFUL shot of Enya. Absolutely
gorgeous:-) Obviously made on videotape, the picture's sharper than
other vids. Then, which really threw me off, they show scenes of an
F-15 landing. Turns out to be Desert Storm footage, with the Kuwaitis
celebrating their freedom. Kinda cheesy, reminiscient of "Man In the
Mirror" by MJ. Then alternates between shots of Ireland and the Soviet
Coup, along with other pertinent news stories which I can't seem to
remember. Oh well. Ends with a pull-back shot with Enya coming out of
a church wearing a tight black dress with a flowing black body-length
scarf wrapped around her. Looked REALLY cool. Overall, a little
amateurish after "Caribbean Blue". Don't know if this one pertains
to Gaffa/Love_Hounds, but they showed the new Concrete Blonde vid,
"Ghost of a Texas Ladies Man". Quite campy, but a cool hook that is
just a little too much like "Stranger In Town" by Toto, my fave song
of theirs.

WOW! Lots of references here, eh?

                  *awalsh@mta.ca (Andrew Walsh) AKA Batman *
                  *  DISCLAIMER- The check is in the mail. *
                  *    <Be cool or be cast out.> - RUSH    *