Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

names and such

From: saurav@tgevax.life.uiuc.edu (Saurav Misra)
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1992 11:15:07 -0800
Subject: names and such
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu
Cc: saurav@tgevax.life.uiuc.edu

As far as the topic of names goes (which, IMHO, is quite a nice topic and
say, the recent flamage), wouldn't you think that one would always refer
to their favourite artistes by the first name? A case in point would be
the Rush newsgroup, the National Midnight Star, in which the members of that
group are almost always referred to as "Neil","Ged" and "Alex", or collectively
under the somewhat asinine moniker, "The Boyz" (Yes, the z is intentional).
I think this says (or is that sayz?) something about the identification of
fans with their favorite performers.
---
"Happy Yak-Shaving Day" - Steve0's (The Great Satan's) Sig

Hey Steve0! Glad to see someone else is enjoying the sartorial, though
visceral pleasures of the inimitable Stimpy and Ren! For those of you who
remain sadly ignorant,"Stimpy and Ren" is the world
's most disgusting, and possibly funniest cartoon. Ir
is shown on Nick, Sunday mornings, and I think MTv shows it every once in a
while too...

saurav misra
(saurav@tgevax.life.uiuc.edu)

"Sold on the Excess/Chasing the tail to the Cage
 Seconds stutter backwards/and not, not far to go."-Prong