Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

I feel good

From: jessica@athos.rutgers.edu (jessica)
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 1992 20:30:11 -0800
Subject: I feel good
To: rec-music-gaffa@rutgers.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I'm either the only person who feels this way, or I'm just
the first to say so.

I have no bad feelings about *anyone* who posts to gaffa,
and I've no bad feelings or thoughts about any of the people's
ideas or motivations.

The flames occasionally get bothersome when there's truly only
flames and nothing intersting, but for me, at the worst it's
been bothersome, and at it's most bothersome, it's still just
fine.

I like jon drukman, and richard caldwell and cynthia rosas,
and jorn barger, and vickie mapes (trying to come up with
names of people who seem to have some kind of "reputation",
if i've left you off, don't feel hurt, i don't have a very good
mind for things like that.)

I also like everyone else who's generally quieter and just
informative.

I just *like* gaffa, just the way it is and has been.

So there.

I also like ecto, just as much, and they're totally different,
as you may have gathered, and i just guess that goes to show
that people are capable of open minds and diversity. (or something).

I just don't tihnk people are neccessarily one thing or the other.
I *would* like people to quit arguing and just do what they're
intersted in, but if arguing is what they're interested in, then
who am i to say no?

geez that's silly. :) why reinvent the wheel? I'll go now before I get silly.
(ok sillier, but i really mean what i've said here).

AND, she really is. No doubt about it, None at all.

Nah, hey, instead I tihnk I'll actually add some kate stuff.

I've been listening a lot to the early demos again lately.  I've also
started getting involved in making music (and i *love* it) So i was
singing along to the demo songs, and in about half of them i feel "oh
wouldn't it be neat to hear this song professionally recorded with
full instrumentation?" (no, make it about 4/5ths of them. the others
are just *lovely* with piano and i dunno if i'd want to change them
other than to hear them more clearly, but I don't know anyone who can
play piano quite the way kate can.)

Well, Kate has moved on and isn't likely to want to work on her old
songs anymore, and i can fully understand that. but I'm pretty new to
this recording stuff, and I don't write songs myself, so I tihnk it'd
be an awesome project to record those songs.  (not to imply that i'm
at a loss for things to work on, not at all! I'm singing songs for
fellow love-hound (ohno, shoudl i call the warmroom-only people
"warmroomers?:) and we've got other projects we want to do too, but
this is a project I really want to do, for myself more than anything.)

I also had a request recently to do a version of the sensual world
with the original lyrics. I know jon and jenn did one a while back,
but i've never heard it. (I'd like to! who has a tape?). I still would
like to do a version, just for the experience - jon and jenn, you guys
wouldn't be upset about that would you?

Soooooooo, I've lots of ideas already, but I'm interested in hearing
what ideas *other* people have - do you "hear" in your mind certain
sounds or instrumentations for certain songs?

		    	jessica
--
|| jessica  || It is this that || Don't try to tell me there's no reason for ||
|| lawrence ||    brings us    || any moment in time, every memory of mine.  ||