Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: In a Warm Room

From: caen!bsbbs!cynthia@harvard.harvard.edu (Cynthia Rosas)
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 1992 02:20:15 -0800
Subject: Re: In a Warm Room
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

brownfld@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.EDU (Kenneth R Brownfield) writes:

> The following was created and performed by Desi The Three-Armed Wonder Comic:
> |[WARNING.  This article is extremely ill-tempered and vicious, even by my
> |standards.  And if you think this is bad, you should've seen the first
> |draft.]
> [...]
>
>      Well, that makes the rest worthless.

You are under the sadly mistaken impression that you have the
power to decide that for anyone other than yourself.  You may
be speaking only for yourself, if so, then don't act like you
are making a Decree for the Group.  Thanks.

>      If you want to correct someone, it's hard to do so using the same
> methods.  Some of what you said is true, but your method makes your entire
> argument no better.

Au contraire, monsieur dogmatique... his argument was _much_
better, cause it made sense, was based in reality, showed the
inherent flaws in Jorn's ramblings, _and_ used many words that
started with "P".   That's my opinion.  You got yours,  I got
mine.  You just seem to hate it when anyone else's expresses
theirs in a way you don't approve of.  That's life, Hon.

>      While your right to reply in the group is there, personal attacks
> like this don't exactly have to be witnessed by all of us.  Why post what you
> can send to a specific person and get much more constructive input through?
> Email is a big help, I'd IMHO suggest everyone try it instead of pouring
> napalm on the floor and throwing matches.

As Melissa tried to make you comprehand, thems that gurgitates
in public, entitles another to regurgitate in public.  If YOU
don't like what people say or do in publc, your best bet is to
MYOB.  Say what you wish in public, and wwhat you wish in
Email, but please don't pretend that everyone do it all your
way.

----
Cynthia Rosas <cynthia@bsbbs.UUCP> <{n8emr|nstar}!bluemoon!bsbbs!cynthia>
The Big Sky BBS (+1 614 864 1198)

"I can bitch, I can bitch, cause I'm better than you!"