Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: In a Warm Room

From: brownfld@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu (Kenneth R Brownfield)
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 1992 00:15:58 -0800
Subject: Re: In a Warm Room
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (News)

cynthia@bsbbs.UUCP (Cynthia Rosas) writes:
>jondr@sco.COM (Desi The Three-Armed Wonder Comic) writes:
[...Jon's stuff elided...]

>Duh-h-h, 'scuze me, I go to blather a while, phhhhppppt. :-)

     What was the smiley for?
     As you folks can already tell, I'm being sarcastic in this post.  Oh,
but it's said with a dainty wainty tone of voice, really!
     Before you go, the new Lush is great to listen to while doing this
kind of thing.  Hopefully as few of you as possible will have to be in this
situation.

>Jon, do you need any material donations?  My cat Tulip throws
>a hairball up every so often, I think this might be just the
>textural medium you need.....

     He uses paper, hon, no need to dip into your writing stock.
     Oh, I'm just joshing you!

>I myself am sculpting my mental impression of Ken Brownfield
>(who is no doubt thrilled that I'm mentioning him) from the
>neverending, always fresh supply of kitty dung that my fuzzy
>friends provide.   It looks ... sorta like a big pile of kitty
>dung.

     Heeheehee...Don't worry, at least I don't smell.  Oh, and I'm a
little bit more than a big pile of kitty dung.  I hope your kitties don't
drop 300 pounds of dung a day.  Oh, but of course, guess where they live!?!
Oh, there's the bell, we better get back to gym class!
     Oh, I'm just joshing you!

>"Blockhead"?  You .. you.... dick!  You LOCUST!  You
>malignant!

     Malignant is an adjective.  Don't let me invent the noun.
     Oh, I'm just joshing you!

>SOmebody censored my dictionary.  Ripped out all the damn
>"P's" wouldncha know?  But I have a feeling what you jus sed
>wuz ROOOOD!

     Why would you need a dictionary to recognize that?  You're a natural,
don't be modest!
     Oh, I'm just joshing you!

>Hee hee, Jon you are the baddest boy!  Well, this is gonna
>have to go in along with a Richard Caldwell post in my Bestest
>Most Funny Bestest and I Like It Bestest Posts Ever file.

     I already have goosebumps.
     Oh, I'm just joshing you.

>I really do think Jorn went off the deep end on this one, but
>hey, then again, there ain't much surprise in that is there?

     Yukyuk.  The membership list is a bit too long to focus accusations
on Jorn alone.  Not that I think that will matter to you, but it may to
the folks at home.
     One liners are a sorry excuse for successful refutations to what you
said, Cynthia, you'll probably want to try a bit better for the title.
     Your friends say you're joking.  Have they been misled, or do you
simply refuse to admit it?
     Oh, I'm just joshing you!

>Cynthia
>Humorous Sarcastic DemiGoddess who'd trying to TEAR GAFFA
>APART!!!!   AAAUUUUUGGGGHHHHH!!!!

     I know you're not trying to, Cynthia, it's working.
     Oh I'm just...erp...erk...
     Your claimed jokingness smells about as bad as "Oh, I'm just joshing
you."  If you are joking, make it real.  If not, you don't exactly have
reasonable grounds to attack those who point this out.  Of course, reason
was never (and has not been, apparently) a requirement.
     I doubt you'll take this to email, but you are indeed welcome.

[...]

Mail only & info via finger:  KT@uiuc.edu  |            Ken.
This composition is 100% personal opinion, |  brownfld@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu
and does NOT reflect the opinions of CCSO  |
in any way, shape, or form, period.        |         "It wasn't me."