Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Various questions

From: woj@remus.rutgers.edu
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 1992 03:49:59 -0800
Subject: Re: Various questions
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

UK04160@ukpr.uky.edu sez:
>1) Several months ago (back when I only had THE WHOLE STORY and
>wasn't paying much attention), I saw a couple of CD bootlegs on
>the CHAPTER ONE label, one of which featured the front cover of
>LIONHEART as its back cover. Since CHAPTER ONE usually sells
>discs of studio outtakes (at least their Paul McCartney and John
>Lennon titles are), I would assume that these aren't TOUR OF LIFE
>rehashes. Does anyone know anything about these??

there are two volumes, entitled _if you could see me fly_ and _passing
thoguh air_. between the two discs, the cathy demos (excepting "organic
acid"), the _the kick inside_ demos and two demos of "babooshka" are
collected.

>2) Are there any CD counterfeits/bootlegs of Kate's B-sides
>available yet (ala counterfeits of the 2 discs in the box set??).

not that i know of. there is the lp _passing through air_ (not to be
confused with the aforementioned cd) that has a number of b-sides and
such, but a cd bootleg? not yet.

>3) Are there any studio outtakes available besides CATHY'S DEMOS
>and the dubious EARLY YEARS stuff??

there are six songs taken from sessions for _the kick inside_. these
show up on the chapter one discs. there are five songs that made it
to the album plus one more called "scares me silly" (alternatatively,
"gets me going") that is a rather fun, poppy thing.

woj - inhibition is the distance between thought and action - no dolby