Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Taking the Pseudo- out of Pseudo-Moderator?

From: nbc@inf.rl.ac.uk
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1992 07:12:02 -0800
Subject: Taking the Pseudo- out of Pseudo-Moderator?
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

>From:   The World Famous Bill Wisner <wisner@ims.alaska.edu>
>Do readers really want Love-Hounds to become truly moderated, and have
>extraneous articles (for some definition of extraneous) filtered out?

No, I say leave things as they are. BTW, Bill you are doing a fine
job.

The burden of moderation is likely to take up far too much of your
valuable time and IMHO the recent flame wars (for want of a better description)
are no more excessive than Lovehounds has experienced in the past.

I first subscribed to Lovehounds back in 1987 and at that time there
were a number of infamous posters who appeared to operate a scorched earth
policy against anyone who incurred their wrath. With the passage of time
most of these people have fallen by the wayside and been replaced by
others with a different style of posting. The whole thing goes in cycles.
Which sort of people you prefer is a matter of personal choice. Some would
argue that the heady days of 87 were a more exciting, if emotionally
grating, period of Lovehounds history than the more recent easy-going
time. You pays your money and takes your choice!

All I would say to anyone is stay tuned and post the kind of stuff
you want to see.

>The second catch is that the delay between posting an article and seeing it
>show up would probably be directly related to how busy I was that day.  Sad
>to say, Love-Hounds is not at the top of my personal priority totem pole.

It is better to get everything quickly than to have to wait for the
"selected" items. Keep the information flowing.

Neil

--
Neil Calton                          UUCP:   ..!mcsun!ukc!rlinf!nbc
Informatics Department,              NSFNET: nbc%inf.rl.ac.uk@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk