Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

security systems, accidents, and mud on Druk'sface

From: Doug Alan <nessus@mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1992 09:49:06 -0800
Subject: security systems, accidents, and mud on Druk'sface
To: love-hounds@eddie
Sender: nessus@media.mit.edu

> [From: rhill@netlink.cts.com (Ron Hill):] This is very interesting.
> I've read where she said the city was stressful and I've read where
> she's said she was upset about John Lennon dying, but I've never
> read where she or anyone else made the connection between the two.
> Could you give us your source (if it's not confidential)?

I read this a long time ago, and my memory of the exact source is
rather vague at this point.  I think the specific mention of the
installation of a security system with a camera at the gate was from
Peter Morris in Homeground, rather than from an interview with Kate
herself.  I also think that it was in the same article that it was
mentioned that the camera was installed shortly after the murder of
John Lennon.  I don't know what Peter's source is, but I think I
recall reading about the camera in an independent source.

> From:	janson@well.sf.ca.us (Mike Janson)

> Today, I saw what appeared to be some kind of a KaTe bootleg.  The CD
> was pressed in Italy, and was called somthing like "Kate Bush/Peter Gabriel
> 1979 Live"

> Does anyone know anything about this?

I don't know anything about this specific bootleg, but I am well-aware
of the concert.  It was a single performance of Kate's Tour of Life
that was a benefit for the family of one her stage crew members who
died in an accident (fell from a lighting rig) touring the tour.
Peter Gabriel and Steve Harley showed up and sung a few songs with
Kate.

> From:	Scott Telford <s.telford@ed.ac.uk>

> Much of what she said, she had said before (the story behind
> "Cloudbusting", "A Deal with God" being retitled, etc) but she did
> say some things I hadn't heard before: "The Morning Fog" *does*
> represent the rescue of the character - although she admitted this
> wasn't explicit. I suppose "The light.../Begin to bleed/Begin to
> breathe..."  does sound like someone's senses returning after being
> rescued from a state of sensory deprivation...

HAH!  I knew it!  Boy, there's mud on your face Drukface!  I am finally
vindicated!  Of course Kate was rescued by the submarine and anyone
who thought differently was completely deluded.  This should prove
once and for all that I am always right.