Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Free and Cruel and Proud

From: caen!bsbbs!cynthia@harvard.harvard.edu (Cynthia Rosas)
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1992 20:35:38 -0800
Subject: Free and Cruel and Proud
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

barger@ils.nwu.edu (Jorn Barger) writes:

> What I'm hearing, so far, is that people think rudeness is relative and
> nobody can ever draw any line, anywhere (on the Net, anyway).
>
> If I woke up one morning and discovered I could no longer tell honesty from
> rudeness, I swear I'd shoot myself.

You can't seem to differentiate between reality and fantasy,
Jorn.  I mean, why has this thing hyped you up so much?  You
seem to be paranoid that every time something is said that you
don't like, then it's a sign that perople encourage rudeness.

 > I don't believe this is really that
> kind of world.  I think really what's going on is everybody's afraid to act
> the grownup anymore, for fear someone will 'turn grownup' against *them*.

Perhaps _you_ need to start acting a bit more the "grownup"
yourself, and not ASSume that everytime we disagree, it's a
problem!

> I can easily imagine that Stev0 didn't really think what he was saying,
> that Ron is just a name on a CRT to him, that Ron's feelings are difficult
> for Stev0 even to *imagine*, but I can't rationalize half a dozen people
> saying they think that shit is *funny*, calling our outrage
> "humorlessness".

It's not for _you_ to rationalize a zillion people saying they
found it funny.  Your "outrage"?  You mean that Steve Berlin's
satire got you "outraged"?  I'm sorry, but you've gone off the
deep end on this one.

> Ten-year-old interviews???  "Geez, dude, that's even before *Megadeth*...
> how could there be anything worth reading in *that*?  Fans, man, they're so
> *infantile*, they think artists have something to *teach* them, but
> everybody who's cool knows life is just a sewer of shit and all you can
> ever do is dig your boots in a little harder on the other guy's face in
> hopes of getting another inch above it."

As I said, off the deep end.  Once again you assume becasue
not everyone thinks that 10 yearold interviews are
interesting, probably due to the repetitive nature of them I
would think, that those people feel that you must stomp on
someone else to get ahead.  God.  I feel so sorry for you.

> (There's no way in hell Kate would have written "Up yours, ugly!" is there?
>  That picture disc, was it official?)

Jorn, what if she did?  Is Kate not capable of being human?
Of making a joke at someone?  If she did, does that mean she
likes to dig her heels into your face to get an inch above
you?  Get a grip here.

> I think the London Konvention in 1990 was a turning point for many of us,
> meeting face to face and finding this huge band of friends who were utterly
> trustworthy and true.  And we carried that back with us, and managed to
> keep it going for most of a year before the locusts hit.

That sounds lovely.  Tell me, do you _ever_ disagree with your
friends?  DO you _ever_ find different things funny?  Can you
have different tastes than your friends?  Or must you all
agree on everything, must your view on every thing be just
alike?

And rather than your penchant for name calling, (dicks,
locusts) why don't you directly address those whom you are
referring to?  Can you ever be rational?

> Nobody doubts, right, that mailing lists have the right to kick out
> assholes?  So why are moderated newsgroups any different?

Well, from her on out you turned into a Nazi.  I had thought
you were joking in your previous post about girly-boy and
boyly-girl lists, etc, etc.  Apparently you weren't.  The
whole thing is pretty silly, and for you to get soooooo up in
arms over it really shows that _you_ aren't using any part of
you that's "grown up".

You are basically promoting censorship here.

Have a nice day, try to calm yourself.

Cynthia

"Did you ever have one of them Fleet enemas?"

"Exterminate all rational thought.  That is the conclusion I
have come to."

----
Cynthia Rosas <cynthia@bsbbs.UUCP> <{n8emr|nstar}!bluemoon!bsbbs!cynthia>
The Big Sky BBS (+1 614 864 1198)

"I can bitch, I can bitch, cause I'm better than you!"