Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Fanzines, Lionhart, CLOUDBUSTING UPDATE

From: rhill@netlink.cts.com (Ron Hill)
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1992 00:07:28 -0800
Subject: Fanzines, Lionhart, CLOUDBUSTING UPDATE
To: Love-Hounds@wiretap.Spies.COM

        James Smith asked about the latest issues of Fanzines.  "The Sensual
World (Kate kissing)" KBC is the latest issue, unfortunately.  I've seen
Still Breathing's Volume 3 Number *3*, and that's the latest issue (I think,
I don't know 'cause she's not sending me the issues in the mail for some
reason.  :-()  Can't help you with Dreamtime, I read in THE GARDEN that's a
great fanzine, but I've never gotten a copy, do you like it much?  Care to
type in any of the best articles? :-)
        Speaking of Fanzines, does have any suggestions as to a good
AMERICAN fanzine, or at least one that takes American money? :-)  My
subscription to Little Light is almost done, and I think I'd like to get
another fanzine, but I haven't really seen any other American ones.  Anybody
get LoneStar Lionhearts?  The problem with fanzines is that, of course,
after reading a couple of months of GAFFA, and reading The Garden and
Cloudbusting, most of the stuff seems like old hat.
        Also speaking of Fanzines, does anybody out there get the GBC.  I'm
not gay, but I can't help but wonder what's in it!

        Kudos to Jackie (my Lionheart) for her story.  It's always good to
see someone doing something creative with their Kate interest (fixation,
obsession, etc).  :-)  I don't read very many of the published stories, but
I liked this one.  The interesting thing about the stories is that it gives
you insight into how others see the music.  One thing that I've never seen
anybody do is to actually write a full story (like 10, 20 pages), based
around a song, but not just a stream-of-consiousness type thing, a
full-blown story, where you can fill in the characters a bit more and tell
quite a bit more of the background behind the story, which is something you
can't really do in song.

        I've just printed out a third of Cloudbusting and am going to take
it with me on a trip up into the mountains for editing and Katetomplation.
Hopefully this trip will make up for me losing about 8 hours work last
night.  MAKE FREQUENT BACKUPS!
        I've been working on the index and hope to have CLOUDBUSTING "done"
in about a week, though I'm going to hold off releasing it until I find out
about several potential sources of interviews I'm working on.  There's still
a good chance I'll be getting about 5 new interviews very soon, maybe many
more.

        Congats to Ben Siemerink for finally making "Kate Bush Man" at his
work.  Thanks also for the encouraging words for my work on Cloudbusting and
The Garden.  If anyone at work doubts your Kate Bush status again, just hold
up the printouts of both and say, "I've read these."  Think of the reaction
I get from non-fans when I say "I compiled this!"  :-)

--
 rhill@netlink.cts.com (Ron Hill)
NetLink Online Communications * Public Access in San Diego, CA (619) 435-6181