Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Call for non-discussion

From: stev0@sti.com (Steve Berlin)
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1992 06:41:43 -0800
Subject: Call for non-discussion
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@sti.com

Hi there.

A couple of days ago I wrote a really nice post predicting that if Kate
releases an album soon (which probably won't happen), it will go Top-10.

However, as you all know, the net is a bit odd, and sometimes something
written to Gaffa doesn't show up until a week after its posted -
sometimes it doesn't show up at all.

Here's the important part - I added in a P.S. a call to end this flame
war I started it.  Geez, it's even boring ME! So:  If you agree with
what I said, shut up.  We made our point.  If you disagree with what
I said, but think I have the right to say it, shut up.  (personal
opinion:  No one has ANY "right" in any moderated newsgroup, such as
Gaffa, except the moderator, who can censor anyone or anything they
please.  If it's being run as an "open forum", though, a good moderator
will let ALL opinions in).

If you disagree with me, AND want me censored, I would like for you to
shut up, too; you've made your point. (But no one - not me, not Jorn,
not even Del Palmer - should expect everyone to agree with everything
they say and do everything they want to do).

Yeah, I know this is a dull posting (sorry!), but I felt it had to be
said.

-Stev0, the Bad Boy of Gaffa

P.S. Thanks, Richard! (I'm NOT going to try typing in that address
again!)

--
Steve Berlin (Stev0)   |  .Sig still under construction
Stev0@sti.com          |