Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: MTARR@EAGLE.WESLEYAN.EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1992 16:39:45 -0800
To: LOVE-HOUNDS@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM

Hi!

Shaun ponders:
> Whilst on the subject, I heard of a Japanese-only Dax recording (LP or
> CD I don't know - back in '87 or '88) called "The Chemical Wedding".
> I _think_ that at the time it was the only place to get some new song
> called "Cat-House" (could be wrong though!).  Was my information off,
> and it was actually referring to "...Golden Spires" in a pre-release
> (or whatever) title, or has anybody heard of an object like this.

"The Chemical Wedding" is a new one on me, but I do know that "Cat House" may
be found on _Dark Adapted Eye_, at least outside of Japan.  Great song! (I
don't feel like appending at IMHO to that, so I won't. ;)

> ObKT: I waited and waited for the Rocket Man single, and in the first
> week of January I finally found a (read: ONE) copy in one of the two import
> records stores in town, and promptly forked out $17 for it.  I wasn't too
> impressed when one week later, UK copies were available in the normal
> record stores for $5.  Makes you want to eat your own intestines, doesn't
> it?  If only I felt it had been worth it...

Ouch.  That'd hurt even if it had been worth it.  Look on the bright side- you
might be able to unload it on some unsuspecting soul for a profit one day.
Then they'll be eating their intestines, and you can laugh evilly at them.  Or
maybe not.  :>

                |      	         Meredith Tarr                |
	        | "Living in the gap between past and future" |
	  	|	   mtarr@eagle.wesleyan.edu           |