Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Lost Cause (was Re: Stev0)

From: katefans@chinet.chi.il.us (Chris n Vickie)
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1992 14:21:00 -0800
Subject: Lost Cause (was Re: Stev0)
To: clout!wiretap.spies.com!love-hounds

Vickie here.

In article <9201291016.AA14935@pegasus1.hpl.hp.com> bjhs@hplb.hpl.hp.COM (Ben Siemerink) writes:

>I, myself, think it's perfectly healthy to read complete different
>point of views, even if I don't agree with it after reading. It keeps
>me broadminded. I like it most of the times, because there's good
>humour in it.

This kind of thing always make me shake my head in awe. "We" (meaning
us oooh-too sensitive emotionals who are always "whining and complaining"
as Judi puts it) are always accused of not wanting to hear differing
opinions, different points of view, of not being "broad-minded" and of
having no sense of humor. That's not the case at all, as I, at least, keep
pointing out over and over and over again. The point I try (and obviously
fail) to make is that it's a matter of being rude to a fellow Love-Hound,
a fellow human being. It *IS* possible to present another point of view
and even do it in a humorous manner, without resorting to rudeness and
cutting remarks. I know it's possible, I see it all the time on Ecto.

And by the way, though I thought Jorn's post was halarious, I don't
seriously agree with it. You can't "force" niceness and consideration
on a mailing list or newsgroup. It has to come naturally.

Gaffa's a lost cause.

It's all a matter of attitude. Those who think rudeness is Ok, fine. It's
a state of mind I suppose.

Vickie                        "There is a road straight to my heart"
katefans@chinet.chi.il.us     ________
                             |_  _ | _   The Happy Rhodes mailing list
"We're waking up             |__|_ ||_|  ecto-request@athos.rutgers.edu
 yes it's good"                          Jessica Dempski-Moderator/Goddess