Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Until The End Of The World

From: wyllie@csri.toronto.edu (Jon Andrew Wyllie)
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1992 15:45:57 -0800
Subject: Until The End Of The World
To: gaffa-post@eddie.mit.edu

Howdy,

I bought the sountrack from "Until The End Of The World"
about a month before the movie came out.

Last week I finally got a chance to see the movie.

Comments:
The soundtrack for the movie is amazing.  Definately
worth the $15 (CDN), as mentioned in previous posts to
this group.
The movie, on the other hand, was a bit of a surprise.  I
guess I was expecting the music to play a larger role in
the movie.  Some of the songs on the album tell stories,
which I thought would be related to the movie.  I still
really enjoyed the movie and I will probably go see it
again.  The movie takes you all over the world in the
year 1999 (not that far away) and introduces a technology
which allows you to record your dreams with a computer.

If you are planning to see the movie, do it fast.  Up here
in Toronto, it played for two weeks in ONE sort of major
theater.  Now it's playing in a very out of the way place.  When
I went, there were only 20 people in the theater, so I don't
expect it will last too long.  It's
a European film (A Wim Wenders film, pronounced Vim Venders as I found
out while talking to a very artsie friend :-) ), so don't expect that
Hollywood glitz so popular in popular movies today.

see ya
andrew

wyllie@burst.civ.toronto.edu
Data Visualization Laboratory
Civil Engineering, University Of Toronto