Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Alice Walker and Kate Bush

From: POLS051@csc.canterbury.ac.nz
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1992 18:30:00 -0800
Subject: Alice Walker and Kate Bush
To: gaffa-post@eddie.mit.edu

From: pols051@csc.canterbury.ac.nz
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Date: 21 Jan 92 15:29:35 +1300

Dear Katefans,

A few weeks ago, I was reading the book "The Temple of My Familiar" by Alice
Walker, when I came across a character who reminds me of Kate.   He name is
Lissie and she claims that she can remember a thousand previous reincarnations.
No one believes her and she begins to think that she is crazy.   But then one
of her lovers, a photographer called Rafe, discovers something amazing.   He
finds that in every photograph that he takes of Lissie, she looks like a
different person.   Lissie concludes that Rafe is able through photography, to
show what she looked like in each of her previous lives.

Every photograph of Kate that I look at, I see someone different.   Perhaps
other Katefans out there would want to offer their interpretations of what
reincarnations she is manifestat
ing in particular photographs or v

Love,

Andrew Hoy