Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

San Fran Candlestick

From: stern@chem.nwu.edu (Charlotte Stern)
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1992 10:02:51 -0800
Subject: San Fran Candlestick
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu
Cc: stern@chem.nwu.edu

Finally picked up the import CD single.
I was a little disappointed with CITW (it didn't strike as
forcefully as RM did when I first heard that).  Then  again,
I think the song RM is better suited to Kate than CITW, and
I also think that ,  independent of Kate, RM is a better
song.  CITW has never musically been one of my favorite
EJ songs... it is a bit bland on the melody side, and
seems too much like a watered down version of, say
Empty Garden, or Someone Saved My Life Tonight, either
of which I would have much rather heard Kate perform.
Overall I think, musically, CITW is way overrated, which
undfoubtedly contributes to my low opinion of Kate's version.
Why did she choose it?  Subject matter no doubt in my mind.

On a different note, there is a better than even chance I
will be in the San Francisco (BAY) area the last 2 days in Jan.
and the first 3 days in Feb.  It isn't a long visit, but nonetheless
in any bay-area lovehounds would like to get together that would
be great.  Further, I would love to hear any and all suggestions for
must-do and must-see things in San Fran (I've never been to Calif. before)
and in particular if there are any record/CD/music places that
would be worth visiting.  Please send me email if you do not
want to burden LH with these suggestions.  Any and all
help is appreciated!

Till then,
-mjm (mike mendelson in chicago; stern@stella.chem.nwu.edu)