Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

groove message on TWW pic disk

From: tessi!john@nosun.West.Sun.COM (John Zimmer)
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1992 12:44:03 -0800
Subject: groove message on TWW pic disk
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

Scott Telford writes:

>I just picked up a TWW 7" picture disc at a record fair last Saturday,
>and, remembering the messages KaTe sometimes inscribed on her singles,
>had a close look at the disc. Sure 'nuff, on the A-side is inscribed
>the rather indelicate statement "UP YOURS UGLY". Can this be one of
>KaTe's mysterious messages? I don't remember reading anything about
>this one...
>
>...and who's "Ugly"?

I've had this since it came out, but never checked until now -- definitely one of the stranger "groove" messages of KaTe's.  One possible explanation occurs to me: it could be a quote from the _Young Ones_ comedy series/group.  After all, KaTe *did* appear with them (sort of) in Comic Relief, as well as mentioning them on the HoL thank-you's.  Anybody else have any ideas?

John Zimmer                         sun.com!nosun!tessi!john

Irgendwo in der Tiefe gibt es ein Licht!