Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

statues and earrings

From: ANGELINE@MARY.FORDHAM.EDU
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 1992 08:26:21 -0800
Subject: statues and earrings
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

	The earrings on Lionheart are the theatre masks, Tragedy and Comedy.
In an interview Kate once said how when she was signing records a fan came
up to her wearing the earrings.  She expressed her admiration, and the fan
gave them to her.  She then wore them for the Lionheart shoot, and
she says she still has them.
	The statue in Hook is indeed the one Kate sings about, at the edge
of a duck pond in Kensington Gardens.  It is a tad smaller than one might
expect. and truly bizarre.  When I was there an Italian couple was also
visiting it, and the woman climbed up it, gave him a kiss, "saying ciao,
Peter".  she then smile at me and said "this is an old dear friend of mine."
It was actually quite sweet.
                                                         --John