Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Lionheart cover

From: jeffy@lewhoosh.umd.edu (Jeffrey C. Burka)
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 1992 05:01:10 -0800
Subject: Re: Lionheart cover
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9201110725.AA03693@garnet.berkeley.edu> you write:

>I'm listening to Lionheart right now (ah, bliss) and I just noticed that
>on the cover, by the lower right corner of the crate that Kate is sort
>of perched on, there is what looks like either a fairly ornate candle
>holder (there's a better word for this than "candle holder" but I don't
>remember it) or some sort of a carved statue.  Does anybody know what
>it is?

I'm not sure, but I think it's a candle stick.  I get this image of a
young KaTe sneaking into the attic to delve into old family items, and
carrying a candle up with her because there's no light up there.

>  And on the back cover, are her earrings really the happy / sad faces
>that I guess traditionally represent the theatre?

Yes, they're drama masks.  Just like on the Motley Crue album cover, dude!
;-)

Jeff
--
|Jeffrey C. Burka                |  Life is a lot like the Freak Show     |
|                                |  Nobody laughs when they leave.        |