Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Lionheart cover

From: deadman@garnet.berkeley.edu (Ben Haller)
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1992 23:25:26 -0800
Subject: Lionheart cover
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu
Cc: m@garnet.berkeley.edu

I'm listening to Lionheart right now (ah, bliss) and I just noticed that
on the cover, by the lower right corner of the crate that Kate is sort
of perched on, there is what looks like either a fairly ornate candle
holder (there's a better word for this than "candle holder" but I don't
remember it) or some sort of a carved statue.  Does anybody know what
it is?
  And on the back cover, are her earrings really the happy / sad faces
that I guess traditionally represent the theatre?  (They're usually shown
as masks, one with a very exaggerated frown of sadness and the other
with a ecstatic grin, often with ribbons trailing off from them).
  I don't know why I've never looked closely at these pictures before...

-Ben Haller (deadman@garnet.berkeley.edu)