Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Cooks, theives etc.

From: E Welsh <evan@castle.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1992 04:23:42 -0800
Subject: Cooks, theives etc.
To: gaffa-post@eddie.mit.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Source-Info: From (or Sender) name not authenticated.

cynthia@bsbbs.UUCP (Cynthia Rosas) writes:
>Went to my uncensored, non-facist video store the other day
>(American Video Network - are there any near anyone else?)  to
>rent The Cook, The Thief, His Wife & Her Lover.  Took it home,

Hey, this is my favourite film, so of course I'd recommend it to all of you.
Unless of course you're at all squeamish or easily offended.

>showed me where I was completetly right.  The NC-17 version
>was 123 minutes long, while the R-rated version was 100
>minutes.  He apologized profusely, as well he should have, and

I'm surprised only 23 minutes was removed.

KaTe on BBC2
KaTe seems to have made some sort of appearance on BBC2 last Sunday morning
in a program called Box Pops. It sounds like it may just have been a video
clip but if it was anything more interesting I hope someone else saw it and
can tell us about it.
I noticed it in the program listings on Sunday afternoon. Aaaargh!

/ Evan Welsh                                           <evan@ed.ac.uk>\
\ Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre                (+44 31 650 5022)/