Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: B F P O

From: stev0@sti.com (Steve Berlin)
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1992 06:13:26 -0800
Subject: Re: B F P O
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@sti.com

In article <9201091920.AA11317@NADC.NADC.NAVY.MIL>, fingerle@NADC.NADC.NAVY.MIL (J. Fingerle) writes:

|> This is the fourth time I've sent in this $%^#@!*&^ correction!
|> Will all you people out there please jot this down and post it
|> right by you keyboard so that the next time someone asks, you
|> can give the CORRECT answer...

|> >	British Forces Posted Overseas.
|> >
|> >	Now, wasn't that a short, sweet, concise answer!
|>

|>    B   F   P   O
|>
|> stands for   BRITISH   FORCES   POST   OFFICE
|>                                 ^^^^   ^^^^^^
|>
|> Memorize it, write it down if you have to, but goddamit,
|> GET IT RIGHT!
|>
|> My source for this information is a Squadron Leader in the RAF
|> that sits in the cubicle next to me.  We are both in Pennsylvania
|> in the United States and on an almost daily basis, he uses that acronym.
|>
|> Now, wasn't that a long, sour, CORRECT, answer.

*Ahem*
Maybe that's what it stands for in your little world, but British postal
service, being as unreliable as our American counterpart, in the song
"Army Dreamers", it stands for:

Before February, Perhaps October

(Try it in the lyrics.  It works)

-Stev0 the ever-helpful

"Actually, my favorite actor is Tor Johnson"
-KaTe
--
Steve Berlin (Stev0)   |  This .Sig has virus protection
Stev0@sti.com          |