Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Mysterious mechanical problem with one CD

From: bsbbs!nrc@uunet.UU.NET (N. Richard Caldwell)
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 1992 00:39:14 -0800
Subject: Mysterious mechanical problem with one CD
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

ed@wente.llnl.GOV (Ed Suranyi) writes:

> I got Kate Bush's new CD single, "Rocket Man" the other day.  It played
> fine in my CD player.  But when I pushed the "open/close" button to take
> out the CD, the drawer jammed.  The motor whirred, but the drawer moved
> only a tiny bit, and it acted like the CD had jammed against the
> opening.

We had a similar problem with our copy.  When I first put it in
my CD player it made a horribly racket and the player couldn't
even find the table of contents.  It even refused to eject until
I turned off the player and turned it back on.   It played in the
laser disc player and now seems to play ok, although a bit noisely,
in the CD player.

"Don't drive too slowly."         Richard Caldwell
                                  The Big Sky BBS (+1 614 864 1198)
                                  {n8emr|nstar}!bluemoon!bsbbs!nrc
                                  nrc@bsbbs.UUCP