Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Taking sides

From: stev0@sti.com (Steve Berlin)
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 1991 15:47:37 -0800
Subject: Re: Taking sides
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@sti.com

In article <9112230913.AA22801@mcdd1>, clive@mcdd1.UUCP (Clive Backham) writes:

[Stuff about how he saw the light and now loves The Dreaming deleted]

|> BTW, in case anyone is interested, my ranking of Kate albums is now:
|>
|> 1)  The Ninth Wave    <===== a masterpiece
|>
|> 2)  Never For Ever
|>
|> =3) The Dreaming
|>     The Kick Inside
|>
|> =4) Hounds of Love        }   Which one of
|>     Lionheart             }   these should I
|>     The Sensual World     }   work on next ?

Hmmm.... I thought I was the only one who judged Kate (and other artists,
especially David Bowie) on an album-side basis rather than by the
the entire album...  Here are my KASR's (Kate Album Side Rankings), which
tend to change week-to-week.

HOL, side 2 (ie, The Ninth Wave)
The Dreaming, side 1
Never Forever, side 2
The Kick Inside, side 1
The Dreaming, side 2
Never Forever, side 1
The Kick Inside, side 2
HOL, side 1
Lionheart, side 1
Lionheart, side 2

Also, just heard "Candle In The Wind" for the first time.  LOVE IT!!!!!!!
Four stars!  Yaa-boo!!! Another Victory for Kate!!!  Too bad Rocket Man
is so lame...  It's interesting, 'cause CITW is my favorite Elton John
song.

Still would rather list to bad Kate than good Vanilla Ice.

-Stev0

"Hello, 'Field and Stream'?  Why haven't I been on the cover of
your magazine yet?  Yours is the last one!"  - Madonna

--
Steve Berlin (Stev0)   | "Only Nixon could visit to China."
Stev0@sti.com          |               - Ancient Vulcan Saying