Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: Clive Backham <mcdd1!clive@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 1991 01:13:54 -0800
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>

Hello out there,

For years, I have had great difficulty with The Dreaming, and thought it
Kate's worst album by far. Then I started reading rec.music.gaffa, and
saw that it is generally regarded as her best work. So, I dug it out
and made a tape to play in the car. I find this is sometimes the best
way to learn to like a difficult album. Well, to cut a long story
short, I played it at home on Saturday night, and the penny has begun
to drop. It'll take a little more time to appreciate it fully. My
favourite tracks for now are TGaT, PotP, SiG, TD and AtL.

So, I want to thank you all for making me re-visit this album.
What a nice Christmas present!

BTW, in case anyone is interested, my ranking of Kate albums is now:

1)  The Ninth Wave    <===== a masterpiece

2)  Never For Ever

=3) The Dreaming
    The Kick Inside

=4) Hounds of Love        }   Which one of
    Lionheart             }   these should I
    The Sensual World     }   work on next ?

Merry Xmas & Happy New Year to you all.

Clive Backham               email: clive!mcdd1@uknet.uucp
McDonnell Douglas (UK)        (please ignore the incomplete From: line
phone: +44-442-273400          generated by our brain-damaged mailer)