Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-48 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Favorite Female Vocals 1991

From: katefans@chinet.chi.il.us (Chris n Vickie)
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 1991 13:03:00 -0800
Subject: Favorite Female Vocals 1991
To: clout!wiretap.spies.com!love-hounds

Vickie here. I was going to post this in rec.music.misc, but our news
feed went bye-o.

I *HATE* "Best of" lists, because they only reflect the writer's own
favorites. This is not a "best of" list. It's a "some of my favorites"
list.

So many good albums came out in the past year. I only got a tiny fraction
of them (so much music, so little money!) but of the ones I did get, here
are my favorites featuring female vocals. Happy's definitely #1, but after
that they are in no particular order. I love them all.

Happy Rhodes                 Warpaint
Grace Darling                Grace Darling
Single Gun Theory            Millions, Like Stars in my Hand...
The Innocence Mission        Umbrella
Kirsty MacColl               Electric Ladyland
Lisa Germano                 On the Way Down from the Moon Palace
Toni Childs                  House of Hope
Sarah McLachlan              Solace
Moon Seven Times             Moon Seven Times
Texas                        Mother's Heaven

Honorable mention (i.e. ONLY *10*???? AhhhhNoooo!)
Mouth Music                  Mouth Music
Various                      Nordisk Sang
Laurie Freelove              Smells Like Truth
Siouxsie & the Banshees      Superstition
Sonya Hunter                 Favorite Short Stories

Honorable mention Jr. (i.e. a bit uneven to me, but still recommended)
The Banderas                 Ripe
Sam Phillips                 Cruel Inventions
Johanna's House of Glamour   Farewell Street
Brenda Khan                  Goldfish Don't Talk Back
Throwing Muses               The Real Ramona
Edie Brickell & TNB          Ghost of a Dog
The Millions                 The Millions
Heidi Berry                  Love
Rickie Lee Jones             Pop Pop
Psychowelders                Psychowelders EP

note-some that would be on here, like Enya, Wendy MaHarry, DCD, Tribe and
Stewart/Gaskin, I haven't got yet. I will, I will, I really, really will.
There's probably a bunch I still need to get. *sigh*

Misc. Songs:

Kate Bush  "Rocket Man"
Kate Bush  "Candle in the Wind"
Virginia Astley  "Second Chance"
Jane Siberry & k.d. lang  "Calling All Angels"
Miranda Sex Garden  "Gush Forth My Tears" (12" version)

Vickie
katefans@chinet.chi.il.us

ps, if Eleftheria's album came out in 1991 (Angelos?) then consider that
added to the Honerable Mentions.