Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-48 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Favorite Female Vocals 1991

From: dstuedeman@sunwest2.West.Sun.COM (Donna Stuedeman - Sun HR AA)
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1991 08:07:31 -0800
Subject: Favorite Female Vocals 1991
To: Love-Hounds@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Cc: donnalee@live105.west.Sun.COM

>So many good albums came out in the past year. I only got a tiny fraction
>of them (so much music, so little money!) but of the ones I did get, here
>are my favorites featuring female vocals. Happy's definitely #1, but after
>that they are in no particular order. I love them all.
>
>Happy Rhodes                 Warpaint
>Grace Darling                Grace Darling
>Single Gun Theory            Millions, Like Stars in my Hand...
>The Innocence Mission        Umbrella
>Kirsty MacColl               Electric Ladyland
>Lisa Germano                 On the Way Down from the Moon Palace
>Toni Childs                  House of Hope
>Sarah McLachlan              Solace
>Moon Seven Times             Moon Seven Times
>Texas                        Mother's Heaven

I'm thrilled to see another Toni Childs fan!!!!!!!
I've been listening to her for years and only know
a dozen or so people who have heard her.

I was lucky enough to see her perform at the Warfield Theatre
in San Francisco when she toured her first album in 1989.
SPECTACULAR SHOW!!!!!!!!  Only Toni Childs would play Simon
Says with the audience.  Any word on if/when she'll be out here
again???  I try to keep my eyes/ears open, but so far, I haven't
heard anything???

Anybody else out there listen to her???