Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-48 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Another boring Rocket Man review

From: aurs01!aurxc3!whitcomb@mcnc.org (Jonathan Whitcomb)
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 1991 10:39:04 -0800
Subject: Another boring Rocket Man review
To: mcnc.uucp!aurs01!Love-Hounds%wiretap.Spies.COM@mcnc.org

Finally shelled out the clams for the new single ($12.95 in Raleigh,
NC...Ouch!), and lo and behold, I like it.

I mean, I really like Rocket Man.  Yep, the guy who doesn't like
The Ninth Wave or The Sensual World got bowled over by an
Elton John cover.  I thought the arrangement was nice and
sparse, and the performance was very good.

Candle in the Wind didn't do anything for me though... I don't hear
the passion in Kate's version that comes through in the original.

Ya win some and ya lose some.

-Jonathan
whitcomb%aurgate@mcnc.org