Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-48 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: "rocKeT man"

From: ag@sics.se (Anders G|ransson)
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 1991 09:03:48 -0800
Subject: Re: "rocKeT man"
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@sics.se

R> My feeling from all of this is that Kate should stick to writing
R> her own material.   It's better and she does it better.

R> I do see something positive and promising in _Candle in the Wind_
R> but rather than disrupt the gloomy tone of this post I'll save it
R> for later.

I'm not a Kate fan and should keep my mouth shut, now you are
warned.
There is indeed something in this recording that makes you look
forward to the next album after the sickening one (with
such low points as 'heads...').
In 'Candle in the Wind' there is something of that 'here it is,
I don't care' daring from her best effort.
Elton himself has already performed this as a beautiful song.
Kate goes a long towards performing it as a something going
beyond that. I just wish she had let go of the melody as well as
of the piano arrangement e t c.
This from a non fan.

best regards Anders

--
_____

"The fact that there seems to be a big gap in quality between
the works of Wittgenstein  and most of his followers would
appear to indicate that there is much more to the method than
can be learnt from Wittgenstein's teaching"

Hao Wang in "From Mathematics to Philosophy".